Nursing leadership in our current world is not the same as it was.
WE DELIVER PRACTICAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT TO CREATE THE SUPERIOR OUTCOMES YOU STRIVE FOR
When your frontline leaders don’t have enough of the right skills and support, your quality –
and staff – suffer.
If you have tried other approaches to development, or are thinking about how to bolster your
current program, it is likely that other tactics you’ve tried or considered don’t emphasize
practical skill development… in the way that we will for you.
While certain dynamics of today’s healthcare landscape different and challenging, with the right support, skilled nurse leaders catalyze change for their organizations, staff, and patients.
Most CNOs, CXOs, and senior hospital executives state that they wish there
was more they could do to
support their frontline nurse leaders.
Most organizations are lacking personal support and development that is tailored specifically to nurse leaders by nurse leaders.
Nurse leaders who are offered personal support are more likely to stay in their role.
Supporting nurse leaders to identify their goals, mission, and authentic
leadership voice, while managing their time and building skills for impact, creates
Consistent coaching of these skills promotes utilization and mastery.
Nurse leader skill development improves outcomes for patients and teams.
The ability to build and scale an effective nurse leader development program is difficult. It takes
many people and a lot of time, money, and skills to lead and deliver learning that will actually
help you reach your goals.
In organizations where there is a homegrown nurse leader development program, these are
often run by internal human resources or organizational development colleagues, and thus
struggle with connecting to the reality of day-to-day frontline nurse leader life.
Or, if an internal program is run by nurses, it takes a lot of time and energy to do it right… in
addition to their other work. This leads to a lack of cohesive, efficient planning and
comprehensive skill development support, which leads to no change in outcomes.
We’ve been there.
We understand the challenges of being a new frontline leader and we’ve created exemplary
outcomes for our own departments, using critical skills to shift employee engagement,
retention, and patient experience/quality outcomes.
We’ve heard and know the challenges faced by organizations when trying to create a program
internally. And we’ve delivered programs for nurse leaders and other healthcare leaders across
the globe, and we know what works.
We have talked to hundreds of nurse leaders and THEIR leaders from around the world, and the
theme is clear: Nurse leaders don’t need more certificates and seminars. They need skills and
So we’ve built something different for you.
– What you need are dedicated nurse leaders to guide and support your nurse leaders.
– What you need is not just a program, but a partner WITH a program.
We support you with:
– Dedicated nurse leaders that are experts in frontline leadership best practices
– Content and learning process that are evidence-based and designed by nurse
leaders with adult-learning expertise
– Timelines that are efficient and tailored to you and your team
– Strategic support to ensure the learning is delivered to the right nurse leaders at
the right time
– Partnership and expertise to scale the learning and support within your
Our learning content and approach does not emphasize how to make or manage a budget, lead
projects, or understand other facets of hospital finance, supply chain, or operations. We
emphasize and focus on the skills, behaviors, and knowledge that change patient and staff
outcomes, such as:
– Nurse leader rounding: skills for efficiency, engagement, and impact
– Performance conversations: skills for appreciation, accountability, and retention or
– Service recovery: skills for empathy, resolution, and control
Our Programs & Partnership
O.W.N. Your Rounds Program
This program focuses on the core skill of leader rounding for frontline healthcare leaders. We provide:
1. Rounding Needs Assessments
2. Rounding Strategy Support & Design
3. Skills Workshops (to learn our W.I.N. Your Rounds© approach)
4. Rounding Live Coaching & Feedback
The Skilled Nurse Leader Program
This program is for systems that want to build a practical skill program for new or novice leaders OR for organizations that want to enhance their existing program. We provide:
1. A series of up to 6 skills and best-practice focused workshops
to learn our W.I.N. Your Rounds© and R.E.A.C.H. Your Team©
approaches to experience leadership
2. Confidential 360 evaluations using validated instruments to guide individual goal setting
3. Support to build individual development plans focused on personal growth and leadership of performance, outcomes, and goals